Angling has seen a great BOOM in the past few years, with potential anglers returning to the sport and seasoned anglers entering the hobby for the first time. Honestly, it’s the best outdoor escape and is here to stay for a long time. With the popularity of the sport, the demand for portable fishing poles is also increasing as they provide the utmost convenience. That’s exactly where a Collapsible fishing rod comes in.
Avid anglers are familiar with these fishing rods, and most of them are already using them. But if you are a newbie in angling, you are in luck. Today is all about Collapsible fishing rods, the obvious benefits, who should consider buying, and our top picks for the category. So, let’s dive in:
What exactly is a Collapsible Fishing Rod?
“Collapsible Fishing Rod is incredibly performance-centric, designed especially for the modern man”.
Simply put, these are telescopic rods that are highly convenient, easy to carry and extendable. The fact that a 14 feet fishing rod folds into a 1 feet device gadget makes it well worth considering. Since their packed size is only 18 inches, you can easily pack them in your backpack or carry-on luggage. These rods are perfect for those hooked on fishing and can fish anytime. With the same modules of 1, 2, or 3 piece-poles, you won’t have to sacrifice your hobby needs.
What are Collapsing Rods Made Of? What type suits your needs?
Just like the conventional rods, they are also made up of graphite, fiberglass, or the composite of the two. In addition, the material used also influences the product’s price.
- Fiberglass: The rods made out of fiberglass are comparatively more durable, flexible, and somewhat heavier. However, a flip side is that these rods are less sensitive than the other types. It means that minor strikes or bait pick-ups often go undetected. If you are a beginner and have a strict budget, look no further, fiberglass rods are for you.
- Graphite: These rods are light-weight, stronger and more sensitive to even the slightest touch. But they have a small diameter, are comparatively brittle, and so are hard to tackle. Besides, big fish or too much weight can cause these rods to snap. So, if you are a beginner, it’s better to consider Fiberglass or Composite rods.
- Composite Rods: These rods are made up of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and a mix of other materials. This type falls in the moderately sensitive range and possesses the specifications of both. Talking about the price range, they can go from reasonable to very high.
- Other Parts: The handles of almost all rods are made from cork, having a foam covering. In addition, most models have a plastic cover protector to shield the line guides when you collapse the rod.
Who is it fit for?
Ideal Buyer: A collapsible fishing rod is perfect for backpackers, hikers, backcountry hobbyists, and particularly for those who are into surf-fishing. In addition, minimalists highly revere its state-of-the-art design and ease of usage.
Fishing Type: These telescopic fishing rods are great for both freshwater and saltwater fishing adventures. It is important to always ask for corrosion-resistant rode, especially if you intend to use it for fly-fishing or saltwater fishing activities.
Fish Species: These poles are ideal for catching crappie, walleye, trout, sea bass, salmon, tarpon etc.
How do the Collapsible Fishing Rods Work?
It’s important to know the proper functioning of your collapsible fishing rod for a smooth and enjoyable experience. Firstly, adjust the base of your rod on a smooth surface and slowly pull out each segment until it locks. Once the rod fully expands, you can use it just like the traditional rod.
Note: Never whip the rod when it’s in expanded form, as it can severely damage the rod. Moreover, doing so will break it into pieces, thus rendering it useless.
Now, if you want to convert the rod back to its collapsed form, gently twist each portion until it loosens. It will cause the rod to fall into the slot and return to its original form.
Key Features of Collapsible Rods
- Firstly, they are lightweight, easy to carry, adjustable and occupy minimum space.
- Secondly, the user-friendly design and slip-resistant grip make it perfect for beginners.
- Third, the telescopic rods are available in various sizes so that the customer can choose according to his fishing needs.
- The best thing about using Telescopic rods is that they don’t sag or cling, giving you the perfect grip.
- Finally, these rods don’t limit your options when it comes to angling, and you can easily catch your favorite fish.
Collapsible Fishing Rod VS Conventional Rods – Which One is Better?
An important question that almost every angling enthusiast asks is, “Which one is the better choice for me?” Well, the answer is simple. There is simply no competition. Both types are designed-focused, and you can choose the one that fits your needs. However, Collapsible rods have the advantage that they are incredibly smart and high performing.
No doubt you will have a seamless and enjoyable experience with both, but collapsible rods have a user-friendly design. The best thing is these rods have a compact design and are easily foldable. So, if you hike and camp a lot or are a fan of impulsive fishing plans, a collapsible fishing rod is your best buddy.
The Best Collapsible Fishing Rods to Buy in 2022!
Here comes the most important part of this definitive guide that I am so excited to share with you. I am sure that you will be equally interested in learning about the Pick of the Bunch Collapsible rods. So, let’s start!
- Composite Type: Graphite and Fibreless composition
- LightWeight and highly flexible
- HT-100 carbon fiber powerful drag system
- Highly Durable with enhanced sensitivity and performance
- Lightweight and Wholesome EVA grip for shock absorbance and smooth handling
- Machined aluminum spool with one ball bearing
- 30 Size Reel with a 5’6″ pole
- Composite Type: Fiberglass, Graphite and Stainless-Steel composition
- 3-piece fly rod with 45-feet of fly line
- Rod Measures 8 feet, and Reel Measures 3.25 inches
- EVA Foam Secure Grip Handle
- Classy Carrying Case for additional support and protection
- 2 Dry Flies as a Bonus (Free)
- Highly affordable and provides the best value
- Composite Type: Graphite and Fibreless composition
- Size 30 Fishing Reel with 6 feet 2-piece pole
- Designed to hold a 6-14 pound line weight
- Metal gears for hassle-free retrieve
- Microfine dial-adjustable drag and Quickset anti-reverse
- Twist Lock Reel Seat
- Changeable Right- and Left-Hand Retrieve
- In-built Bite Alert for higher sensitivity
- EVA Rod Handle for shock absorbance and added support
An angler dreams of having the best possible fishing gear for all the exciting adventures and fun he wants in life. That’s exactly where this review about Collapsible fishing rods comes in. I am really hopeful that this definitive guide answers all your questions and our Top picks help you choose the perfect rod. Not just performance-centric, these rods provide the utmost ease every angler wants. Believe me; it’s well worth it!
Share the Love
If you found this post useful, please let others know about it by sharing it.
If you found this post useful, please explore others posts.